Friday, February 4, 2011

SAD SAD DAY :(

Today is a day that I will not soon forget. On this tragic day, Feb 4th 2011, my dog Alaska a beautiful husky whom has been in my family for about 13 yrs had to be put to rest. I feel as if my heart has been ripped out of my chest, I feel outraged, and most of all I feel cheated. This is not the way it should be. Why must we suffer over the losses of a loved one, be it a pet or another human being, the pain is the same. At least for me, and for anyone else who has loved and lost a pet you understand. So today is rememberance day, for all those who had a loving pet and knows the true meaning of unconditional love. Alaska was like my sister, she was my friend, and she was my sunshine on a rainy day. No matter how I felt, if I had been having a bad day or feeling sick, she was always there ready to greet me with a smile and wag of her fluffy gorgeous tail. I know she had lived a long happy life and it probably is selfish of me not wanting her to leave, but it doesn't take away the pain. I know she was a happy dog and we gave her all the love and companionship she craved. The truth is, I wonder how I am going to get past this:( I know I will have to, because the thing about life is, it goes on, even if your not ready to let go of the past. So this is dedicated to Alaska, a great dog, and my best friend. RIP Girl I'll always miss you.

1 comment:

  1. *tight hugs* am sorry hon! You take care, get tons of hugs from the boy and I'll see you at work monday

    ReplyDelete